Happy Romance Month, my friends! I sent out a mailing to my newsletter list last week with a message about spreading the love and I thought I’d share it here too.
I’ve got some ideas for you to romance *yourself* this month—no partner needed! It’s part of my self-care 2024 to be kind to me, and I hope you’ll try some of these too because you deserve the extra kindness as well! Ready? Here are a few ways to spread the love this February:
- Buy the flowers! You deserve them, even if you wait to buy the bouquet on Feb 15th when the roses are marked down. You will still love the smell!
- Light the candles. You know the scented ones you’ve been saving? Break them out and light them for a special dinner or spa time.
- Which brings me to… a special dinner. Or spa time. You don’t need a date to enjoy these treats for you.
- Take a walk. Fresh air is a mood booster. So is exchanging a smile or hello with people you pass while you stroll. Kindness multiplies and it makes you feel good too.
- Pull out a great outfit. Bonus points if you take a selfie in it while you look your best. You can dress up for you!
- Bake a special treat. Calories don’t count on Valentine’s Day week, so enjoy something delicious.
- Write notes to yourself and stick them around the house for you to enjoy at later times. A post it in your jewelry box that reminds you that you look beautiful. One in your liquor cabinet with a favorite cocktail recipe you keep forgetting to try.
- Call a friend. Schedule some social time. Some of the greatest loves of my life are my friends, and I’ll bet you can say the same about your friends. Enjoy them!!
- Give a compliment. It makes someone else’s day, and it will make yours too.
- Read a romance. Do you know how much love-affirming goodness there is in a romance novel? Enjoy the message that love wins in the end, and the smile that comes with it.
Are you on my mailing list? I’d love it if you’d join me for exclusive contests and updates on my book news.